Here are some quick and easy meals that you can whip up at
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons shredded basil
1 small eggplant, cut into 4 x 1.5cm thick slices
4 x 120g chicken breast fillets
1/2 cup reduced-fat grated mozzarella
2 tablespoons grated parmesan
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
4 cups steamed green vegies, to serve
Step 1-Preheat oven to 180?C.
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion for 5
minutes. Add garlic, stirring for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook,
stirring, until sauce reduces and thickens, about 15 minutes.
Remove from heat. Stir through basil.
pan-fry of chargrill eggplant over high heat for 2 minutes each
side, until lightly charred. Set aside. Add chicken and cook for 2
minutes on each side, until golden.
Step 3Combine cheeses
and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Pour half the tomato sauce into the base
of an 8-cup baking dish. Layer chicken on top of sauce, and top
each fillet with an eggplant slice. Pour remaining sauce over top,
sprinkle with cheese mixture and bake for 20 minutes, until
breadcrumbs are golden and chicken is cooked through. Serve with
Chicken Chow Mein For One
150g chicken mince
1½ cups frozen Birds Eye Stir Fry - Chow
40g sachet chicken noodle soup in a cup
¼ teaspoon curry powder
1/3 cup water
Cook chicken mince in a non-stick wok or frying pan until
changed in colour. Add frozen Birds Eye Stir
Fry and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in soup mix, curry powder and water, cook for 2 minutes or
until liquid is absorbed. Serve immediately.
Easy Sausage Rolls
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 red onions, halved, thinly
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 sheets frozen ready-rolled puff pastry,
1 egg, lightly beaten
8 thick beef sausages
tomato chutney and salad greens, to
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray
with baking paper. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over
medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, for 10
minutes or until tender. Add sugar. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes
or until caramelised. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
Cut each pastry sheet into 4 squares. Place
1 square on workbench. Brush 1 edge with egg. Spread 1 tablespoon
onion mixture over pastry. Top with 1 sausage. Roll up pastry to
enclose sausage, with egg-brushed edge on top. Press to secure.
Place, seam side down, on tray. Repeat with remaining pastry, egg,
onion mixture and sausages. Brush tops with egg. Score with a
knife. Sprinkle with pepper.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until sausages
are cooked through and pastry is golden. Serve with chutney and
2 cups cooked macaroni pasta
420g can tomato soup
250g diced ham
1 cup grated colby cheese
Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Lightly grease a
5cm-deep, 28cm x 19.5cm (base) ovenproof dish.
Place pasta, soup and ham in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
Transfer mixture to prepared dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for
20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stand for 5 minutes.
Flourless chocolate cake
200g butter, chopped
250g dark chocolate, chopped
4 eggs, separated
1 cup caster sugar
Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 22cm
(base) round springform cake pan. Line base and side with baking
Place butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of
simmering water (make sure bowl doesn't touch water). Stir over low
heat until smooth.
Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar for 5
minutes or until thick and creamy. Beat eggwhites in a separate
bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar until
Add chocolate mixture to egg yolk mixture. Mix to combine. Add
one-quarter of the eggwhite mixture. Mix well. Fold in remaining
eggwhite mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or
until top is firm to touch and a skewer inserted into centre has
moist crumbs clinging. Cool cake in pan. Serve.
Creamy chicken and mushroom
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 450g dried fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 650g chicken tenderloins, tendons removed
- 125g rindless bacon, diced
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 300g small cup mushrooms, sliced
- 420g can Heinz Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup light thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water,
following packet directions, until tender. Drain pasta, reserving 2
tablespoons cooking water. Return pasta and water to the
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over
medium-high heat. Add half the chicken. Cook for 4 minutes on each
side or until golden. Remove to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat
with remaining chicken, adding more oil if necessary. Cut chicken
tenderloins diagonally into 3 pieces.
- Add bacon to frying pan. Cook for 2 minutes. Add onion and
mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until
mushrooms are golden. Add soup, cream and worcestershire sauce.
Stir until well combined. Add mushroom mixture, chicken and parsley
to pasta. Toss to combine. Season with cracked black pepper.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 x 400 g cans chickpeas drained, rinsed
- 185 g can tuna drained, flaked
- 3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 small red chilli chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 lemon zest finely grated
- salad and sweet chilli sauce to serve
- Heat a tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan on medium. Sauté 1
chopped red onion for 2-3 minutes, until tender. Transfer to bowl.
Cool slightly. Add 1/2 x 400g drained and rinsed can chickpeas to a
bowl with 185g can drained and flaked tuna, 3/4 cup dried
breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup plain flour, 1 chopped small red chilli, 1/4
cup chopped coriander, 1 beaten egg and finely grated zest 1
- In a food processor, place 1 1/2 x 400g cans drained and rinsed
chickpeas. Process until smooth. Add to tuna mixture, stirring to
combine. Season to taste.
- Heat a frying pan on medium and spray with oil. Shape mixture
into eight patties, chill patties for 15 mins if possible.
- Cook patties for 3-4 mins each side, until crisp and golden.
Drain on paper towel. Serve with salad and sweet chilli sauce
Asain Greens & Noodle Stir Fry
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 bunch pak choy trimmed, washed and chopped
- 1 bunch baby choy sum trimmed, washed and chopped
- 1 bunch buk choy trimmed, washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 800 g hokkien thin fresh noodles soaked in boiling water to
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews chopped
- 1 red capsicum sliced
- Heat oil in a frypan or wok over high heat and add garlic, stir
fry for 30 secs, add red capsicum and stir fry for 1 min. Add pak
choy, baby choy sum and buk choy, toss until wilted.
- Combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, water and sesame oil in a jug.
Pour over vegetables and add noodles, toss for 3-4 mins until
heated through. Sprinkle with coriander and cashews to serve
Baked Bean & Cheese Flat Wraps
- 400 g can baked beans
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 4 lavash flatbreads
- Preheat sandwich press. Lay flatbreads on a clean board. Spread
1/4 of baked beans down centre of each bread. Top each with 1/4
cheese. Roll up flatbread wraps to enclose filling.
- Cook in sandwich press for 2-3 mins until crisp and
Asian Chicken Salad
- 520 packet Complete Crunchy Salad
- 1 barbecued chicken skin removed, meat shredded
- 2 cups beansprouts
- 1 cup snow-pea sprouts
- prepared Asian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the salad, chicken and sprouts.
- Just before serving, drizzle on dressing to taste and toss
Char Siu Pork Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 400 g pork fillet trimmed, sliced
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 1/3 cup char sui sauce
- 2 tbsp salt reduced soy sauce
- 1 bunch baby buk choy quartered
- 100 g sugar snap peas trimmed
- 450 g pkt hokkien noodles
- 2 tsp sesame seeds toasted
- Heat half the oil in a wok or a large frying pan on high.
Stir-fry pork for 2-3 mins until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining oil to wok and heat on high. Stir-fry broccoli
for 2-3 mins until just tender.
- Blend in sauces, bok choy and peas. Stir-fry for 1-2 mins,
until just tender.
- Soak noodles according to packet instructions. Add noodles and
pork to vegetables.
- Stir-fry for 1-2 mins until heated through. Sprinkle with
sesame seeds before serving.
Cheese and Chives biscuits
- 150 g butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 bunch chives snipped
- Using a wooden spoon, beat butter in a large bowl until creamy.
Add remaining ingredients. Mix until just coming together.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board. Knead until dough comes
together and forms a smooth ball. Divide into 2 pieces. Roll each
piece into a 15cm log. Wrap in non-stick baking paper and chill for
- Preheat oven to 180 °C or 160 °C fan. Line 2 baking trays with
non-stick baking paper. Cut 20 x 8mm slices from each log. Place on
trays. Bake for 12-15 mins until firm. Cool on trays. Store in an